- Reactive transport of contaminants in groundwater and reactive transport modeling
- Mixing of solutes in heterogeneous subsurface environments
- Charge interactions and transport of charged species in porous media
- Reactive minerals and geochemical heterogeneity
- Coupled mass transfer processes in the subsurface and at the soil/atmosphere interface
- Arsenic contamination in groundwater
- Biodegradation of organic pollutants and biogeochemical modeling
- Interpretation of isotopic signatures of organic contaminants
- Electrokinetic transport processes and electrokinetic remediation
- Characterization, natural attenuation and engineered remediation of contaminated sites
2022 - Full Professor (W3) at the Institute of Applied Geosciences, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
2020 - Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Contaminant Hydrology
2015-2022 Module coordinator and lecturer, Water & Environment Program, Sino-Danish Center University, Beijing, China
2014-2022 Associate Professor at the Department of Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
2011-2014 Marie Curie Fellow at Stanford University, USA
2010-2011 Scientific Assistant to the Chair of Hydrogeochemistry/Applied Geology at the University of Tübingen, Germany
2010 Research Scholar at Stanford University, USA
2008 Visiting Scholar at CSIRO, Perth, Australia
2006-2010 Postdoc at the University of Tübingen, Germany
2006 PhD in Environmental Geo-Engineering, Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
2002 Master degree (cum laude) in Environmental Engineering, Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
1. Ahmadi N., Acocella M., Fries E., Mosthaf K., and M. Rolle (2022), Oxygen propagation fronts in porous media under evaporative conditions at the soil/atmosphere interface: Lab‐scale experiments and model‐based interpretation. Water Resources Research, DOI: 10.1029/2021WR031668.
2. Sprocati R., Gallo A., Sethi R. and M. Rolle (2021), Electrokinetic delivery of reactants: pore water chemistry controls transport, mixing and degradation. Environmental Science & Technology, 55, 719–729, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.0c06054.
3. Stolze L., Zhang D., Guo H., and M. Rolle (2019), Model-based interpretation of groundwater arsenic mobility during in-situ reductive transformation of ferrihydrite. Environmental Science & Technology, 53, 6845-6854, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.9b00527.
4. Muniruzzaman M. and M. Rolle (2019), Multicomponent ionic transport modeling in physically and electrostatically heterogeneous porous media with PhreeqcRM coupling for geochemical reactions. Water Resources Research, 55, 11121-11143, DOI: 10.1029/2019WR026373 – AGU EDITORS’ HIGHLIGHT and published in Eos: Earth & Space Science News (Feb. 2020, https://eos.org/editor-highlights/modeling-transport-and-charge-effects-in-heterogeneous-media).
5. Rolle M., Sprocati R., Masi M., Jin B. and M. Muniruzzaman (2018), Nernst-Planck based description of transport, Coulombic interactions and geochemical reactions in porous media: Modeling approach and benchmark experiments. Water Resources Research, 54, 3176-3195, DOI:10.1002/2017WR022344.
6. Ye Y., Chiogna G., Cirpka O.A., Grathwohl P. and M. Rolle (2015), Experimental evidence of helical flow in porous media. Physical Review Letters, 115 (19), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.115.194502 – PRL EDITORS’ SUGGESTION and also published in Physics 8, 126 (Nov. 2015, https://physics.aps.org/articles/v8/s126).
7. Rolle M. and P.K. Kitanidis (2014), Effects of compound-specific dilution on transient transport and solute breakthrough: A pore-scale analysis. Advances in Water Resources, 71, 186-199, DOI:10.1016/j.advwatres.2014.06.012.
8. Jin B., Rolle M., Li T. and S.B. Haderlein (2014), Diffusive fractionation of BTEX and chlorinated ethenes in aqueous solution: Quantification of spatial isotopic gradients. Environmental Science & Technology, 48, 6141-6150, DOI: 10.1021/ es4046956.
9. Rolle M., Muniruzzaman M., Haberer C.M. and P. Grathwohl (2013), Coulombic effects in advection-dominated transport of electrolytes in porous media: Multicomponent ionic dispersion. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 120, 195-205, DOI: 10.1016/j.gca.2013. 06.031.
10. Rolle M., Eberhardt C., Chiogna G., Cirpka O.A. and P. Grathwohl (2009), Enhancement of dilution and transverse reactive mixing in porous media: experiments and model-based interpretation. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 110, 130-142, DOI: 10.1016/ j.jconhyd.2009.10.003.
(wird in neuem Tab geöffnet)Massimo Rolle - Google Scholar
(wird in neuem Tab geöffnet)Massimo Rolle | Publons
(wird in neuem Tab geöffnet)https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8833-8951