Prof. Dr. Moritz Bigalke
work +49 6151 16-23659
fax +49 6151 16-23601
- Development of methods for the determination of microplastics and nanoplastics in soil
- Microplastics/nanoplastics in soil: Impact, composition, sources, transport and aging
- Trace element biogeochemistry and element cycling in ecosystems
- Redoxchemistry of trace elements
- Speciation of metals
- Biogeochemistry of stable cadmium, iron, copper, and zinc isotopes in soil and plants.
- Biogeochemistry of uranium in soil, groundwater and surface waters
- Stable and radiogenic isotope systems and trace element patterns as tracers of anthropogenic contamination and element inputs
2022 – Full Professor (W3) at the Institute of Applied Geoscience of the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany.
2021 Habilitation at the Faculty of Science of the University of Bern, Switzerland.
2017 Certificate of Advanced Studies in Higher Education, University of Bern, Switzerland.
2013-2022 Lecturer for laboratory methods in Physical Geography (50%) and head of the laboratory of the Institute of Geography (50%) of the University of Bern, Switzerland.
2010-2013 Research Assistant (Postdoc) at the Unit Soil Science at the Institute of Geography, University of Bern, Switzerland.
2010 PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Geography.
2006-2010 PhD student at the Institute of Geography, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany.
2006 Diploma in Environmental Science, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
2000-2006 Studies in Environmental Sciences, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany